Tuesday 18 September 2012

Face Of The Day

Hello again! i thought i would show you my everyday make-up and what it looks like. Its so simple and easy to do, it usually takes me about 20 mins to complete the whole make-up.
I even sometimes on a night out if i am rushed for time, do exactly the same make up but with a brighter lip and false lashes! :)

I start of by moisturizing my face with Dermalogica Clean Start with SPF 15, don't forget your neck :)
I then apply Carmex to moisturize my lips so that it can sink in by the time i apply my lipstick it will just glide on. I exfoliate my lips around 3 times a week, i do this by using Lush's sugar lip scrub, but every night before i go to bed after bushing my teeth i rub my toothbrush in circular motions over my lips just to get rid of any dry chapped skin then apply my Carmex before bed, you will wake up to nice moisturized lips. 
After applying the Carmex i start on foundation, i find that i don't need to use a primer as it dosent do anything for my make up and making it stay in place as the moisturizer has already made the foundation apply smoothly. I have combination skin normal/oily, oily especially on my T-Zone, so what doesn't work for me may necessarily work for you perfectly. At the moment i am using Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation, i apply this in dots all over my face then buff in with a Real Techniques Buffing Brush, i cant tell you how much i like this brush, but about that in another post! 
After i have buffed the foundation in, not forgetting the neck again, i apply concealer. The concealer i use is Collection 2000 Lasting perfection i apply this using my ring finger gently around my under eye circles and on any blemishes i may have. 
I then set it all with a powder, currently i am using Mac Mineralize Skin Finish. I then move onto eyebrows, as i tint my eyebrows i only lightly dust over them with an angled brush and Cork eye shadow from Mac as i think they are dark enough but need help at the start as the hairs are sparse. I have used countless number of eyebrow setting gels but to be honest they are all the same, they all do the same job. I have found the best way to keep your eyebrows in place is clear mascara! you can pick clear mascara us from Boots for as little as £3.99 from the Miss Sporty range and it works just as well as the high end brands. 
After the eyebrows i move onto eyes i line the top of my eyelids with Loreal Super Liner in Silver Black, it has to be the best  liquid eyeliner i have ever used and i wont stop re-purchasing it, well unless it gets discontinued :(. I then line my water line and tight line with Mac Smoulder Eye Pencil smudging underneath a little. 
Moving onto Mascara i will fist curl my lashes i think it makes a massive differance, the mascara im using is Collection 2000's Sky Lash whos rival is YSL Shocking Mascara, this marcara is brilliant it has a plastic bendy brush and differant sized bristles which catch every single one of your lashes, and for £4.99 instead of YSL's £23.00 its a steal!
Finally onto the lips the two lipsticks i reach for day to day are Natural Collection Cranberry or Mac Hue they are both a nice neutral colour with a hint of pink. 
Then voila your every day make up is done! 

Thankyou for reading 

Sophie 
xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment