Sunday 9 September 2012

My Dressing Table Set-Up


Hi again! I thought today i would do my dressing table set-up as i love looking at other peoples storage ideas  and having a good old nose!

My dressing table is from Ikea in the 'MALM' range its white, has a glass top and a single draw that pulls out, i'm sure it was around the £90 mark. (if i can find a link i will put it at the bottom of the page).
When i first had the dressing table it was sticking out way too far from the radiator which looked weird, so my dad measured the width of the radiator and got his trusty circular saw out so that the dressing table slotted in perfectly, hooray!


Underneath the glass i have made a collage of recent and old pictures i love.
On the right side i have some perfumes that i am loving at the moment, Marc Jacobs Daisy ( I love the bottle), DKNY Be Delicious, Gucci Rush and Paco Robanne One Million which is my boyfriends.Next to that i have a candle burning, then infront i have a coaster to put my tea on when i'm getting ready in the morning :).
Then going to the left side i have a small glass pot which has jewelry that i wear everyday, then i have a cute box (I cant remember where its from,sorry)full of skin care products that i love at the moment, next are by brushes that are in a acrylic pencil holder from Homebase, hiding next to the brushes a box of tissues, lastly i have another pencil holder (i think from WHS) holding all my pencil eyeliners and tweezers. 
Here is a birds eye view with the draw open 
I store my make up in sections with empty Glossy Box boxes, and it works really well. You can get 6 boxes along the whole of the draw with a couple of inches to spare at the end. 
In the first box i keep powdered blushes bronzers  and highlighters.
In the second box i keep foundations and concealers, at the moment Collection 2000's Lasting Perfection concealer is my favorite.
The third box contains lip products from lipstick, lip gloss and lip care.  
The fourth box mainly contains pigments, but i also have loose and random eyeshadows aswell.  
In the fifth box there are palettes including my MAC eyeshaddow palette, HD brows, Front Cover etc.
The sixth box contains falce eyelashes, mascaras and some of my gel and liquid eyeliners, my eyelash curlers also live in there too :). To the left of the box in the little space that is left i keep a mini bag full of hair bobbles and hair grips or bobby pins.



The mirrors i do my make up infront of are also from Ikea and are around the £10 mark. 

Below my dressing table i also have storage, to the right i have a Soap and Glory bag which i keep hair extensions, extra hair bobbles and grips.Then to the right i have a clear plastic basket which contains my hair products that i reach for day to day, also in the red wicker basket i keep my hair dryer straighteners curlers etc.

Thanks for reading i hope you liked it :). 

Sophie 
xoxo

3 comments:

  1. This is so clever! love the collage under the glass

    Found your blog through sprinkle of chatter hope you dont mind :) please come visit mine and follow back? I'm new too :)

    thanks, rosiebxxx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute!

    xx

    ravingbeautyx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice too se how you store your makeup :D Found you trough sprinkle of chatter :) Glossy box boxes is the best storage!!
    xx
    themakeupbag.blogg.se

    ReplyDelete